21st Birthday (March 25, 2021)

 




   I turned 21 last March 25, 2021. For 2 years, I celebrated my birthday in lockdown. Here in the Philippines, specifically in NCR, we are in what you called "Enhanced Community Quarantine" which means that there are stricter rules for going outside since the cases of people having COVID have become alarmingly high To be honest, I was not that sad because there would be no excuses as to why I will not invite someone to go celebrate with me on my birthday. There are instances back when I was young that I really wanted to be someone that have a lot of friends to be with on my birthday. As time goes by, I realized that I am not that kind of person. I really thrived in being alone but that doesn't mean that I don't want to have friends. There are just moments where I would like to be alone and don't have the pressure of someone being with me because I constantly think of my actions when I'm with them. 

    So for this year, I asked my parents for a new phone because the old one that I used since 2018 is already not working well and I said that it will be my debut so it's the least that they can do lol. I already planned what I wanted to do on my debut before the pandemic started and it was supposed to be traveling alone whether inside or outside the country. I wanted to do it so that I can experience seeing things for the first time and for adulting purposes. But then, travel restrictions prohibited me to push through and as I said in the first paragraph, lockdown already started again. The funny thing is that I said to my mom that I was planning to travel and ask her if she will allow me to go for it and she said no HAHAHAHAHA but to be honest, I would really like to go do it for the experience. 

    My birthday celebration started when we bought my phone because it was one of the highlights and after that, we ate at Kenny Rogers, Sm Fairview. I also bought 2 fineliners (a Sakura Pigma Micron and Faber Castell Ecco Pigment) that I will use for my journal. After that, on my birthday, my mom just bought foods like Jollibee chicken joy, burger steak, siomai, sushi, and a blueberry cheesecake from Banapple (which is my favorite). I am really grateful to my mom for putting in an effort into my birthday because we really have limited things to do because of the lockdown. I really did nothing that day before we ate dinner and after that, I have a group meeting in my research class because of our thesis. 


    Here are some of the pictures that I took that day:














Thank you for reading


    

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.